Friday, May 21, 2010

My Orchiectomy

I am a twenty-something male-to-female (MTF)transsexual that has recently had an orchiectomy and scrotectomy. I was on hormone replacement therapy (HRT) for about a year and a half prior to the procedure. I had the procedure done by a surgeon that specializes in transsexual genital surgeries.

The reason I wanted to have the procedure done was for multiple reasons. One reason I wanted to have it done because in my state you can have your gender marker, in my case the F for female on my birth certificate, changed to M for male. Another reason was because I felt that the testicles made made me a man (I could still produce semen if I stopped my medications), and I wanted to be my true female self. I also wanted to be able to stop my anti-androgens, which if taken for a prolonged period can cause adverse health affects, and I knew that after this procedure I could stop those medications. And finally, I wanted to be able to wear clothing more comfortably (since the procedure, tucking has become so much easier and less visible that I am able to wear a bikini without any problem).


These are some photos of my genitals prior to the surgery for your reference.

































6 comments:

  1. girl you are so lucky and great that the nasty testosterone is holding you back good luck and show the world the female

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a inspiring video of transition through hrt
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZJiwT-z6UA&feature=plcp
    Hope this will help someone out there

    ReplyDelete
  3. First thank you for your blog and your photos, I am fascinated by transsexuals, and I'm very curious to know the size of your penis today if he already atrophied more due to orchiectomy,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting the pictures ... very informative and highly-educational. As an aside you've also got very beautiful genitals - both in the before and after pics. God bless you and hope you have managed to achieve your objectives through this intervention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I'm also MTF, and also decided to do the orchi and scrotum removal instead of full SRS. Hoping to do it in June. I will follow-up with penis removal next year. Could we exchange emails? MIne is vivicompany@yahoo.com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic blog, I'm far to old down the line to get gender reassignment but all my love and thoughts are with you. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete